Not sure about you all, but this has been the most obnoxious, stressful month everrrrrrr for me, so I’m more than ready to see it pack up its shiz and make way for April… which I hope will be full of new adventures and better times. For now, here’s some of what’s been taking my mind of March’s crapfest.
- At the risk of giving myself away as a full blown turbo nerd, I’m really excited about the new season of Game of Thrones this Sunday, and to go with it, this Ommegang beer which I bought for my friend’s birthday (cause he’s the one that got me hooked on the show.)
- If I survive moving this Sunday (likely to be the most annoying Easter Sunday in history) I might just have to reward myself with a happy hour sundae.
- Once I get my new kitchen in order you better believe your fluffy Easter bunny butt that I’m gonna make these crazy delicious looking lemon and passion fruit cheesecake Easter eggs. Cadbury who?
- While I’m looking forward to warmer springtime temperatures, I’m still not ready for full-on summertime, EXCEPT when it comes to figs, which I love dearly. This bowl of fig and cashew cream, for example? I want to face plant in it.
- I’m not much of a science buff but I think molecular gastronomy and Wiley Dufresne, the mad scientist/chef at wd-50, are both pretty cool, which is why I can’t wait to check out his new East Village spot, Alder, opened just this week.