So this little weekly feature here is just a few weeks old and already I’ve slacked off and missed a week. Sorry about that. I’m sure you’re heartbroken and feel let down but let me just say that moving to Brooklyn has been an all-consuming pain in the bum and it feels like all I’ve done for the last two weeks is unpack, organize and fight a losing battle against my blackout shades and curtains. But I’m getting my act together and have a brand new set of links for you to check out this week. Enjoy! (Real blogging to resume soon.)
- How happy am I that Time Out New York named Ovenly the best new bakery this year? Uhm, the answer is VERY happy because it’s in my new hood and that means their chocolate truffle cookies will soon be mine.
- I was going through my friend Hilary’s blog and her post on beer-candied bacon made me wonder how many marriage proposals she’s received because really, beer candied freakin’ bacon, people! My stomach is doing a happy dance in my body.
- Guacamole is one of my favorite eats ever so I’m dying over this recipe from Cup of Jo, which adds pomegranate and mango. It sounds so delicious and summery! All I need is a hammock and the beach. And some chips, of course.
- Anthony Bourdain’s new CNN show, Parts Unknown, (love the name, by the way) looks pretty cool. He gets some people all riled up but I like him, and really, traveling, writing and eating for a living? Uhm, hello dream job.
- Apparently, it’s National Grilled Cheese Day, and this particular variation, featuring fontina, blackberry and basil, seriously makes me want to cry it’s so good looking. My heart just can’t handle it.